While browsing the Internet, You may come across an issue where you cannot access certain online sites or content that are frustrating. There are times when you can’t access your preferred websites due to limitations or issues with the network of your college, company or even your country.
There are a variety of methods to help you gain access to restricted websites and online media. We have listed a few of the most popular ways to access blocked websites.
- Unblock websites with VPN
Utilizing VPN VPN is the simplest and most secure method to bypass content blockages and get access to the URLs you desire. The VPN (a virtual private network) redirects your Internet traffic via a remote server, permitting you to choose your preferred virtual location.
If you can connect to a site using a VPN, the website believes that the location displayed by the VPN is your location, meaning that your actual location is concealed, and you can access blocked content. It is only one benefit of a VPN. VPNs also secure your connection to secure your data and protect private information such as credit card information you enter when making purchases on the internet.
- The process of setting up and using the VPN is fairly simple, with a reliable and well-designed app. This is how you can unblock websites using a VPN on both devices, both on desktops and phones:
- Turn on then on the VPN and choose the server you want you can browse to. If the content you’d like to access is specific to a particular location, choose a location from which it is available. If you’re looking to protect your data and conceal an IP address, choose the best location (or an equivalent setting) to experience the fastest speed.
- The VPN is the simplest and most comprehensive tool available to get around content blockages. If you’re on the computer in a school or a library, or at a library, the use of a VPN might not be the most appropriate choice since you’ll have to install one.
- Certain content providers have begun blocking the use of VPN IP addresses meaning that your VPN may not work continuously with the websites or services you’d like to access.
- However, when VPN providers discover that one of their IP addresses has been blocked, they typically open new addresses to give users more choices.
2. Use Tor Browser
Tor (The Onion Router) is an open-source project that includes The Tor Browser, based on Firefox and its Tor network. Tor Browser applies several layers of encryption on your data, which is then directed randomly via the Tor network to conceal your IP address before navigating to the blocked site you wish to access. This protection system that is multilayered is how Tor is named and, with it, you’ll be able to anonymously remove the blockage of access to many websites.
Although you can access nearly any website using Tor, your internet browsing experience will be slow. It’s because volunteers manage the Tor network, and performance isn’t the primary concern — privacy and anonymity are.
- No-logging policy: Yes
- Split tunnelling: No
- Torrenting: Yes
- IP Addresses: Static
- Free Trial: Unlimited
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS X, Linux, Android
- It is available to everyone.
- This browser can allow you to block blocked websites.
- It’s open-source code. It is therefore easy to look over the code.
- It lets you surf in complete anonymity and without difficulty.
- It is better protected from privacy with three servers: entering the middle and then closing.
- It takes a while for the page to be loaded.
- It blocks certain web services.
- It is an IP blocker software that decreases the speed of bandwidth.
3.Unblock websites by using an extension for proxy
- A proxy extension works like a web-based proxy but is more efficient and allows you to access content blocked on school computers quickly. A proxy extension can be found in your browser, meaning you don’t have to spend time trying to access the proxy’s available whenever you’re looking to access blocked content.
- There are many excellent proxy extensions available there. Here’s how you can utilize the HMA proxy on Chrome:
- Then install the HMA browser extension. Download the HMA browser extension at no cost through the Chrome store and install it.
- Click on the donkey’s hat icon at the top right corner, and the proxy will be opened. Click Turn On to start the proxy. The button that appears as a disguise lets you select several virtual locations.
4. Change your DNS Server.
Cloudflare, along with Google, both offer a no-cost DNS service. It provides a customized Domain Name System server that lets you bypass the limitations set by your ISP, business, school or university. DNS servers can also be faster than your Local Internet Service Provider.
5. Use Google Translate
Google Translate is the last option to access blocked websites such as YouTube. All you have to do is search for the YouTube videos that you enjoy in another language. If you don’t speak any other language, you can use Google Translate to get the details of your question to German, Portuguese, French and more.
The search engine will provide you with results for foreign languages. You can decide to view the website in your native language by clicking “Translate this page”. So the computer can load content exclusively via Google Translate. This means that you’ll be able to bypass the restrictions on YouTube that your school or employer imposes.
6. Use the IP address in place of an URL.
There is a chance you have an institution that blocks specific URLs instead of IPs. In this instance, you could unblock the website by using the IP address.
Here’s a technique that will help you find the IP address of the Windows computer:
- Step 1.) Type “cmd” into the start menu, and then press enter. This will start a command prompt.
- Step 2.) Write “ping” and the site’s name like reddit.com.
- Step 3.) Enter the code, and you will see an IP address for the site
Keep in mind that these steps might differ based on the operating system you are using. If you use Linux OS, you need to type dig reddit.com into the command line. For Mac, you need to select the Traceroute. Once you have your IP address, you can insert the address into your browser, and you’ll be able to connect to this particular website.
7. Use a URL Shortener
A URL shortener is another way to bypass blocked websites. You can utilize services such as is. Gd, TinyURL, and Bitly to reduce the URL of a site. It lets you unblock websites without Tor VPN or Tor VPN without the proxy service.
Here are the steps to reduce URLs with Bitly:
Step 1.) Step 1: Go to https://bitly.com/ in your browser on the internet.
Step 2.) Select the “Log in “Login” button to sign in.
Step 3) Log in to Bitly:
- Enter email address
- Enter password
- Select”Login” and click on the “Log in” button
Step 4.)Click the “CREATE “CREATE” button to make your URL less long.
Step 5.) Enter the URL in, and Bitly will automatically reduce the URL name.
Step 6.) The next screen will display a short URL.
Step 7.) Copy the shortened URL, then paste the URL into your web browser to connect to the blocked site.
8. Use to access the Google cache
Google cache maintains local copies of your most frequently visited websites to make it easier to load the website whenever you visit it. If your live version of an online site is blocked, you will be able to navigate to the cached version on your site.
To accomplish this, follow these steps:
Step 1.) Go to Google and type in the URL you wish to access.
Step 2.) Select the Arrow on the right-hand side of the site.
Step 3.) Choose “cached”, and you will be able to access the website with no trouble.
Leave a Reply